As someone that frequently treats their hair I thought I would share some top hair care tips with you all. My hair is quite thin and prone to split ends due to colouring but I want it to look nice so I try to do everything I can to keep my hair in great condition. I love having blonde hair but naturally have brown hair so it takes up a lot of maintenance as I also like to add in my candyfloss pink colour. This means I probably use too many chemicals on my hair so I like to try and give it a bit of a break from time to time and look for natural alternatives for great looking hair.
Here are some top tips to help with your hair care routine. I hope you find them useful.
- Get your hair cut regularly. Depending on the length and how quickly it grows you should try and get your hair cut every 6-8 weeks. Getting a quick trim can help promote growth, get rid of damaged hair and prevent split ends.
- Try not to colour too regularly. As I colour my hair a very light blonde using a box dye I try and leave it around three months between colouring. This means my roots do get very long but I’d rather leave it rather than topping up every six weeks.
- Try using a salt scrub as a treatment like Lush Rub Rub Rub Scrub
- Find a great serum to keep hair soft and shiny
- Perhaps you could sse paraban, sulphate and silicone free shampoo and conditioner where possible
- Don’t wash your hair every night. Give it a bit of a break from time to time.
- If you use heat treatment products try not to use them every day or use a good heat protection spray or serum
- For lighter coloured hair and to rid the hair of brassy tones use a good white or purple toner.
- For hair colourants try Henna colour which is more natural and not permanent