It’s that time of year where everyone is thinking about New Years Resolutions and reflecting on 2016. I’ve been looking back on some of my monthly highlights posts and they’ve been great to show me how far I’ve come in growing myself and my blog. We’ve had a pretty good year, been on holiday, earned more money, spent more time together…all the things you kind of want as a family but it could have been better if I had worked harder. I’m going to really use 2017 to focus on growing my blog traffic and increasing my work from home earnings. I want to really grow my social media platforms too so that I can use it as a way to grow my earnings. I particularly want to focus on vlogging in 2017.
I thought I’d put together my top tips for setting some goals which I’ve learned in the 2017 Wrap Party by Aby at You Baby Me Mummy and also what I’ve learned over time. Hopefully these tips will help you put together some goals for the new year. I’m going to be going live on my Facebook page this week in the evenings to go through how I’ve set some goals and also to help build a bit of a community so that those that want to make 2017 a better year can gain some support and of course hold yourself accountable. The live videos will always be there so go ahead and head over to my page if you’d like to watch them on replay.
Before this though here are some top tips to help you plan your goals better for the new year.
- Grab yourself a copy of Your Best Year Yet – it’s a fantastic book that really helps guide you through the goal setting process and helps to reflect on the year you’ve had. It helped me so much this year and I will be using it again every year to help me set my goals.
- Invest in a planner or bullet journal. Writing your goals down helps so much.
- Create a vision board when you’ve got your goals in mind
- Look to better yourself. Take advantage of free courses in things that interest you. Shaw Academy is a great place to start. Knowledge is just a good thing to have and you’ll really feel like you’ve achieved something if you fit it into your busy lives.
- Create a digital copy of your vision board and have it as your phone and laptop screensaver
- Break everything down into tiny chunks.
I know these might all seem quite obvious but hopefully you will find these tips help you to actually sit down and write down those goals. They can be health, fitness, love, family, career, financial, personal…it doesn’t matter what your life is like right now, if you want more and you’re willing to work for them and put the time into working out what those goals are then you can start achieving them. There is always time to create a better life for yourself.
I received a lot of help thanks to female entrepreneur week and I wanted to give back to my readers. I’ve created an awesome 5 Day Free Business Booster Challenge and I’d love to see you there. It’s a five day business e-course that will help you create an actionable 90 day plan for your business and includes an awesome workbook. If you’re looking to look money online you can check out my guide to boosting your income here.
FREE 5 Day Business Booster Challenge
Join in our latest challenge and get a FREE Business Planner workbook. Full of tips to help you grow your business and online influence. Find your tribe and get the clients that really care about what you have to say!