This is a collaborative post.
Saving money is always a priority in my household whether that be taking advantage of sales, cash back websites, using voucher codes and discounts. I thought I’d do a quick list of some of my favourite ways to save some money to help you when it comes to financial planning.
- Using Voucher Code websites – voucher websites like Voucher Badger help to source deals for you in places you already shop. You can download the app straight to your smart phone so that you can keep an eye on any voucher codes when you’re on the go which I think is a great idea. We always seem to pick up a great deal when we search for voucher codes.
- Use compare websites – this can be for anything money related such as insurance, groceries, holiday deals and household bills. These websites can really help you get an overview of what’s on the market and help you to save a bit of money on a larger spend or a renewal policy.
- Use cashback websites – I’ve used Top Cashback to get a good deal and reclaim some extra money. One of my best deals was switching Broadband recently which gave me a better price on an 18 month contract and £130 cashback into my bank account.
- Use reward sites – my personal favourite is Swagbucks because I enjoy participating in the market research to earn my points which I can then exchange for vouchers. It doesn’t take much of my time and I’ve earned over £400 in the last six months from Swagbucks.
- Shop for clothes out of season – buying clothes for the summer in the colder months might seem crazy but often you will make a great saving. Why not try a local charity shop if you’re in need of a wardrobe clean up?
I hope some of these tips have helped you think about different ways to save or even get a little bit of extra cash.