This is a collaborative post.
Keeping the home safe and secure is so important to us all, we want to protect our family home in as many different ways we can. Here are a few of my tips to ensure your house is kept safe and secure.
- Always lock up. Even if it’s just for a quick pop to the shop, ensure doors and windows are locked and if you can lock the door behind you. It’s such a simple thing that only takes a few minutes. If you don’t think the locks you have are substantial enough you might consider fast keys UK to replace your locks.
- Give a key to a family member or neighbour. Make sure this is someone you trust. They can look in on things if you’re going to be away for a long period of time or if you lose your keys you always have a spare.
- Keep valuables away from windows or out of sight. It sounds really simple doesn’t it but placing a smartphone or tablet on a windowsill whilst you pop to grab a cuppa could make your home a target.
- Keep curtains closed when you’re out or consider keeping a light on to act as a deterrent.
- Be wary of what you post online and your security settings. If you’re recently married and this is widely broadcast your home can be a target due to wedding gifts. Home safety is also extra important around Christmas where it’s likely you’ll have extra items of expense in the home.
I hope that some of these tips have been helpful to you. Having a safe home is so important and a little mistake could cause some serious upset. Most of these things are really simple and easy to remember but sometimes we can get a little carried away and forget that not everyone we share things with are our friends.