At Home Hair and Beauty Tips
All through my twenties I’ve seen adverts for products, tips and tricks to reduce the first signs of ageing. I’m incredibly lucky with my face, perhaps that’s because I’m a little on the round side, that I don’t really have any fine lines just yet. I do want to prevent any of those fine lines from appearing anytime soon so I thought I’d put together a few of my top tips for taking care and getting the post out of your hair and skin for as long as possible.
- Good Tools Help – Capital Hair and Beauty have a great range of tools, products and supplies for you to use at home. Make sure you’re using quality hair brushes that are right for your hair type and style, good quality makeup brushes for smooth and flawless application and well-known and recommended products. Stay away from cheap knockoffs and fakes when it comes to cosmetics as they can be quite damaging. Don’t confuse ‘dupes’ for ‘fakes’ though – a dupe is a good quality alternative for a high-end product!
- Brush hair a few times a day to spread the natural oils and keep hair looking healthy.
- Use a good moisturiser that works for your skin type. When I was younger I just used any moisturiser that said ‘for face’. Now I know better I look for a good SPF factor and something that is balancing for my skin type. I have combination to oily skin so I like to use a mattifying moisturiser to reduce shine and balance out the oily parts in my skin.
- Invest in a collagen boosting night cream to help reduce those first fine lines.
- Exfoliate! A good exfoliator is my absolute top tip because it makes such a difference to your skin. Exfoliate regularly, at least a couple of times a week to help get rid of dead skin cells. You can even make your own.
- For dry, damaged or coloured hair invest in good quality hair care products. Using a deep conditioning treatment regularly will keep your locks looking lovely, smooth and stop brittleness.
- Consider laser hair removal. Perfect for getting rid of unsightly hair and avoiding shaving or at home hair removal products that can be time consuming.
I hope some of these tips and tricks work for you. I’d love to know, what are your top at home hair and beauty tips?
This is a collaborative post.
Leave a Reply